I have great news about Spectrum’s plans for reopening our studios for onsite training.
The state of Massachusetts has announced that phase 3 of the reopening process will begin on Monday, July 6th
This means that we will plan to open the Spectrum studio for small group training in addition to 1:1 and team training sessions!
Here are some pictures of our Beverly location after a deep clean and sanitization ready for re-opening!
The entire team is so excited by this news! However, we are not letting our enthusiasm overshadow our obligation to make sure we follow the best practices to create a safe environment for all those who come to our training studios.
I want to start by addressing 3 major logistics issues to make this reopening process a success for you, which means providing you with top level service to optimize your health and fitness under these new circumstances:
1. How is the Spectrum Team going to make Spectrum safe while still doing what we do to provide the best fitness services?
2. What do you need to do differently to keep you and others safe while getting amazing workouts?
3. What if you are not ready to return to the studio just yet?
How is the Spectrum Team going to make Spectrum safe while still doing what we do to provide the best fitness services?
I’m sure you are concerned about the logistics of exercising around other people at this time. We share these concerns, and take our role as a trusted advisor on your health very seriously. So you can feel confident and well informed in resuming your care with us in our studios, here’s what we are doing to assure the safest environment for your care:
- All staff will be wearing surgical masks
- 15 minutes will be blocked after each training session to allow the staff adequate time to clean/disinfect and to minimize congestion from clients who are leaving one appointment and client arriving for the next appointment. Thus, appointments will be scheduled every 75 minutes (ie 6:00, 7:15, 8:30, etc).
- No more than 8 people, including staff, will be allowed in the Spectrum studio at a time.
- The layout of the studio has been adjusted to ensure physical distancing is possible
- We have extremely enhanced cleaning protocols, with all equipment and surfaces cleaned after every use.
- We are separating sanitized pens and used pens so if you need to use a pen, you can be confident it is clean
- There will be clear signage and communication to all our clients to ensure transparency and understanding of our new processes
- A professional cleaning crew performed a deep clean in our Beverly location since it has not been in use for 2 months. Our Bedford location has been continually cleaned since it shares the same cleaning services as OP in that office.
- Orthopaedics Plus is following similar enhanced protocols for cleaning, distancing, & screening. You can read more about their protocols here, which may be helpful as they are operating adjacent to Spectrum
- Because most of our staff also works with Orthopaedics Plus, we have 9 weeks of experience implementing these enhanced cleaning, screening, and distancing policies, so we are uniquely prepared to carry them over to the studios.
Check out some of the updates to our Bedford location below:
Check out some of the updates to our Beverly Location below:
What do you need to do differently to keep you and others safe while getting amazing workouts?
Just like helping you get healthy and fit, this reopening will be a team effort between you and us. Here’s what you need to do to get back to training at Spectrum to keep you and others safe:
- Please self-monitor your symptoms daily by taking your temperature in the morning and being on the lookout for fever, persistent cough, and shortness of breath
- Please do not enter the studio more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time
- All clients are required to wear a mask while on the premises.
- Please bring your own towel with you (if you usually use one) to eliminate the need to walk into the Physical therapy clinic.
- Please bring your own filled water bottle to cut down on traffic and use of the water cooler.
- In Beverly we will now have a separate entrance and exit from Orthopaedics Plus to increase physical distancing. Beverly Clients will enter and exit through our side door addressed 118 Q under the green canopy. Bedford Clients will enter through the main atrium door like always but exit through the side door near the handicapped ramp.
- Please answer 3 COVID19 screening questions verbally at each visit
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter and leave the studio, which will be located near the entrance and exit.
- Please follow marks on floor in the studio to ensure proper social distancing
What if you are not ready to return to the studio just yet?
Spectrum’s philosophy is about adapting training to the individual. This principle doesn’t change during these unique circumstances. We know that we individually have different levels of risk and comfort related to this pandemic. We remain committed to helping you with your fitness goals if you are not ready to return to our studio to train in June. Accordingly, we will continue to offer online training for those unable to return to our studio just yet.
Please know that although I’ve been the one mostly communicating with you on these changes, it is the entire team that is behind all the efforts to devise and implement these enhanced pandemic procedures in efforts to keep you healthy and fit while you visit our studio. By no means is this just me. Justin has drafted a 30+ page pandemic procedure manual, Kacey and Laura have ordered the supplies and changed the studio lay outs, Dave and Nick have made crucial changes to make implementation possible… it has been a team effort and I am very proud of them, as I’m sure you will be.
I really appreciate how amazing you all have been during this process. Taking the time to send kind words, sticking with your fitness routine in these unprecedented times, trusting us to help you, offering feedback, and more has been inspiring and gratifying. We are all grateful that we have such amazing clients like you to work with. As we move into this new phase, I’m using this gratitude as fuel to push us forward.